Served 9 1/2 Years in the United States Navy as a Sonar Technician. Attended multiple technical schools to include Basic Training, Electronics Rate Training, Submarine School, Class “A” Sonar School, AN/BQQ5 Class “C” School, numerous Sonar Specialty Schools, Instructional Design & Presentation School. Received Honorable Discharge for my service.
- Served aboard 3 Nuclear Submarines as a Sonar Technician, had Secret and Interim Top Secret Clearance.
- USS Pollack SSN 603 – Deployed on WESTPAC, NORTHPAC, numerous weekly Ops and SpecOps throughout Pacific and Northern Pacific Ocean. Qualified in Submarines and numerous other duty stations during time aboard USS Pollack. Performed maintenance and operated AN/BQQ5 Sonar system.
- USS Houston SSN 713 – Volunteered as a rider for 2 month SpecOp. Duty was limited as operator of AN/BQQ5 Sonar System.
- USS Albuquerque SSN 706 – Deployed on Northern Run, MED Run and countless training exercises throughout the Atlantic, above the Artic Circle and Mediterranean Ocean. Was Repair Parts PO and Battle Stations Operator of sensitive Sonar systems. Responsible for new training of classified information for Weapons Department.
- Master Training Specialist and Curriculum Developer at Basic Enlisted Rate Training program Groton CT. Developed and delivered Instructor Led programs including Digital Theory &, Boolean Algebra to new submarine students before reporting to their assignments.